- Pamela Zellner
- Program Manager
- RI Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- One Capitol Hill, Ground Level
- Providence, RI 02908
- Tel/VP: 401-256-5511
Request for Records - APRA
In accordance with Rhode Island General Laws (“R.I. Gen. Laws”) § 38-2-3 (d), the RI Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (RICDHH) has established the following procedures to help you obtain public records from our agency.
- A request can be made in person between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM, or by telephone, letter, fax or email. A copy of the form is attached hereto as Appendix A. You can also submit your request using the Public Records Request Form.
- In lieu of completing the form, please provide your name and contact information.
- If you do not provide your name or contact information, you must contact Pamela Zellner, our Public Records Officer to obtain a request number so that we may respond to your request.
- The Access to Public Records Act allows ten (10) business days within which to respond to a public records request. This time can be extended to twenty (20) business days if the voluminous nature of the request, the number of request for records pending, or the difficulty in searching for and retrieving or copying the requested records is such that additional time is necessary.
- Any denial of the right to inspect or copy records, in whole or in part, will be made to you in writing, and will include the reason(s) for the denial and the procedures for appealing the denial.
- RICDHH reserves the right to charge for the cost of copying and/or search and retrieval of records. The cost per copied page of written documents is fifteen cents ($0.15). The hourly cost for a search and/or retrieval is fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour. There is no charge for the first hour of a search and/or retrieval.
- The text of the Access to Public Records Act is available online.
- Our APRA Public Records Officer is Pamela Zellner. Please feel free to contact her directly:
Pamela Zellner, Program Manager
RI Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
One Capitol Hill, Ground Floor
Providence, Rhode Island 02908-5850
(401) 256-5511 Voice/VP
- For ASL version, click below.